Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A quiet week

Been a pretty quiet week here so far. I did go see the U2 (the band) in 3D movie on Sunday night, so cool. You don't realize how much you miss when you watch a regular movie until you see one in 3D - it feels like you're there. I'm not big on TV but I love movies and am eagerly awaiting the release of Indiana Jones 4, which comes out on 5/22 in Taiwan.

Finally got my taxes done, but sadly I won't be getting a refund. I need to buy a house so I have something to write off. But thank goodness for TurboTax, it makes filing pretty easy.

Other than that I've been planning my trip to Japan. There are 3 of us going so it should be a good time. I have a couple of Japanese friends here and they provided some English language maps and directions on how to navigate the subways and find our hotels. We leave this Friday and will be there for 4 nights - 2 in Tokyo and 2 at a hot springs resort about an hour and a half outside the city. We've been warned about the subways during rush hour (they literally shove people into the cars) and the lack of English speakers (people can speak English, but they won't for fear of making a mistake). The rest of it we'll just figure out as we go.

2 comments:

Aa, A, K & M said...

Tokyo is such an amazing city! You'll love it...and it's true about the subway - well, i didn't experience it at rush hour, but in the wee hours of the morning after a night on the town. it's crazy how many people can squeeze onto the train. talk about an invasion of your space!

oh and just finished our taxes as well...sadly, owning a home doesn't make a bit of difference for us. no refund in this house either!

Jamie said...

I'm so jealous of your adventures and am glad you're getting as many trips in as possible. I mean, when else can you fly to Tokyo for the weekend and not break the bank?!

I agree with Angie. No refund love from Uncle Sam here either. Apparently my 1500 sq. ft. of paradise in Hillsboro isn't expensive enough to get us a write off.