Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bangkok

Arrived Friday night and so far so good. Hotel is fantastic, the temples are awesome, the food is good, and the people are friendly. Taiwan has some nice temples, but the temples here are something else - so much detail and some huge Buddhas. Lots of jewerly for sale, haven't bought anything yet but may pick up some silver in Chiang Mai. I did get some clothes though - made to order pants and a top. Not cheap, but not any more than I would pay for the same thing in the US given I have to buy pants at Nordstrom or Saks to find the right length. I went to the fitting today and everything looked good, will have the final product delivered to the hotel when I'm back in Bangkok on Thursday. Taking the overnight train to Chiang Mai tonight, should be an interesting experience.

No comments: