Friday, March 28, 2008

Puppet show

Tonight I learned about Taiwanese puppets at the See-Join Puppet Theater Restaurant. After the performance everyone gets a small puppet (about 8 inches tall) to practice with and they teach you basic movements and how to properly pose the puppets. Then everyone gets to practice with a large puppet (about 2 feet tall) and put on a show for the rest of the audience. It was a little difficult for me to follow since most of the show and about 1/2 the instructions were in Chinese, but the puppetmaster was pretty funny and one of the shows that two guys from the audience put on was hilarious.

2 comments:

Aa, A, K & M said...

call me crazy, but this kind of creeps me out!

Raché said...

I agree, particularly the one with scruff and the sunglasses. That's the guy you cross the street to avoid.