Friday, January 18, 2008

Made it to Taipei

Well, finally made it. Flight was 13 hours from Seattle on EVA Air and it all went really well until we were about an hour from Taipei. I had an aisle seat and a woman walking past me in the aisle threw up before she could make it to the restroom. As a result, some of it got on me. So gross. Luckily I had on a hoodie which took most of the hit but it was still pretty disgusting. But I landed in one piece and I guess that's the important part.

Spent today walking around the area near our apartment and Taipei 101. My first impression is that Taipei reminds me of San Jose, Costa Rica, but bigger and everyone is Asian. It's a mix of old and new surrounded by densely forested hills, but much like the US, there is a Starbucks on every corner and a lot of the same stores you'd find in any major US city. Looking forward to exploring more this weekend.

No comments: