Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Indy!

Saw the latest Indiana Jones movie on Sunday. It was good, but not as good as the old ones. Harrison Ford is a little too old to be running around fighting communists, but I gotta say I like Shia LeBeouf as Indy Jr. Before heading to the movies, I checked out the Taipei Museum of Contemporary Art. Small museum but still worth checking out on a rainy afternoon. I've mentioned this before, but one of the best things about Taipei is how cheap the public attractions are. It cost me about $1.75 to get into MOCA and most other museums are in a similar price range. Way more affordable than the $10 it costs to visit the Portland Art Museum.

While I like the cheap museums here, I HATE the mosquitoes. I'm allergic to them anyway, but the ones here are especially horrible and evil. I got a bunch of bites when I was out on Friday night and by Sunday about 1/2 of them started blistering and the other 1/2 turned into huge, blood red splotches. And they itched liked crazy! I thought I might have to make a trip to the doctor, but luckily they are looking a bit better now and not itching so much. I'm going to have to bathe in deet while I'm in Vietnam.

Speaking of Vietnam, the plan is to do an overnight Mekong Delta tour while I'm there. It'll be a combination of travel by car, boat, and bike including spending the night with a local family. I head to Vietnam on Thursday morning, can't wait to check it out!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

what's this about travel by bike?! Make sure to bring yourself back to P-town safe and sound. Looking forward to seeing you at the BBQ.