Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lair Hill

It's a hot and sweaty Saturday in Portland and I just signed a lease on a new apartment. I'll be renting the lower level of an old Victorian duplex in the Lair Hill neighborhood in SW. The neighborhood isn't quite as fun as NW was, but will be good to get to know a different part of town. The apartment has wood floors, high ceilings, some exposed brick, and a small backyard. Once I get settled and do some landscaping out back, I think it'll be a nice place. The only thing I don't like is the kitchen as it has ugly cupboards and an ugly sink. But maybe I can paint the cupboards...

I been back for just about 2 weeks but Taiwan already seems like so long ago. I'm not sure I like being back to "reality" but it'll have to do for now. Going to Seattle next weekend for 4th of July (and to get a haircut). Will be nice to be back in SEA, it's such a great city. Then heading to Vegas on the 24th with some girlfriends. Supposed to be over 100 degrees while we're there, what miserable weather. Will have to stay inside or stay by the pool, but should be fun.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Make sure to post a few pics of the new casa.